A new concept of party building was put forward in Russia. Contrary to democratic centralism, this concept was called “science-based centralism”. The summary of this concept is presented below.
Strict adherence to the requirements of Marxist theory inevitably leads to the conclusion that a Communist Party is not a party of democratic centralism, but a party of the scientific world outlook among the absolute majority of its members.
Democracy, especially the one glorified by the classical slave owners and the modern bourgeoisie, is antagonistically opposed to science.
Analysis of the CPSU degradation and collapse showed that the main reason for the CPSU failure was first of all the theoretical illiteracy of the party leadership. One of the reasons for the opportunist decay of the party was the cult of democracy, which let incompetent cadres take the lead in the party and spread unscientific, i.e. opportunistic, anti-communist concepts.
Diamatics (hereinafter, diamatics means the method of dialectical materialism) teaches that objective reality, including society, is knowable, and therefore there is only one objective truth for each specific issue. The history of the Communist Party of Lenin-Stalin proved that these truths cannot be formulated by discussions or by voting. Scientific truths, which are the basis of the Bolshevik policy, can be worked out through intense theoretical work of the most conscious and advanced cadres with the use of dialectical materialistic methodology and at the highest level of scrupulosity. Such work was within the powers of the real leaders of communism — Marx, Engels, Lenin and Stalin.
The historical practice of communism in the USSR showed that the leaders developed a theory, bringing together the narrow circle of strong supporters, then worked out a political line of the party, which later had to be formalized through democratic procedures. As soon as the leaders died, the top of party leadership without any theoretical basis began to pursue unreasonable, opportunistic policy, approved by the vote of incompetent party majority. In other words, Bolshevism in the party was based on theoretical literacy and conscientiousness of the leaders, on their intellectual and strong-willed qualities.
The analysis proved that in order to protect the communist party from opportunistic transformation, it is necessary:
a) to abandon the principle of democratic centralism, especially in making strategic decisions,
b) to develop solutions only by scientific research, by achieving scientific consensus, primarily in the leading party bodies,
c) to admit into the party only those, who proved due attitude to the learning of Marxism-Leninism and its propaganda. To admit into the leading bodies of the party of all levels only those, who proved in practice their theoretical competence (who have Marxist publications with the original content), demonstrated propaganda and organizational skills (which means the rejection of the principle of accepting program in favor of the principle of understanding and applying the program in practice),
d) to build a party not from bottom to top — from the primary organizations, which form the congress and choose leaders, but from top to bottom — from the authoritative Marxist newspaper (the Central Organ), around which the most literate, tried and tested cadres are united, and who will become the members of the Central Organizational Committee,
e) to form the membership of the central organ, regional and local press organs only by the method of co-optation based on the results of real scientific and propaganda work,
f) to acknowledge as leading cadres only those individuals who mastered the dialectical-materialist methodology and continuously raise their theoretical level,
g) an internal law of the party life shall be the strictest discipline, based on the mobilization of party conscience, comradeship and excluding competition and careerism in any form (а party member`s behavior should be based on initiative caused by his inner conviction in own scientific maturity, in competence, in readiness to take personal responsibility for the relevance to the position held. The main criterion of the party for appointment of a comrade to leadership work should be his competence, confirmed by the practical results of his personal propaganda, agitation and organization),
h) to accept the priority of the theoretical form of the class struggle at all stages of the class struggle, especially if the country is not yet in the period of revolutionary situation at the moment,
i) to put forward a slogan for the continuous self-education of each party member,
j) to set up the principle of comradely dialogue, which excludes competition and double-dealing, instead of traditional stimulation of discussions.
The historical sequence of building and victory of the Party of Science-based Centralism is as follows:
1. Politically active citizens who have experienced all the “beauties” of capitalism, fixing in their minds the growing scale of mass suffering and social ills, who have realized the ineffectiveness of the modern parties with the communist names built on the principle of democratic centralism, these citizens master Marxism as a science on their own. There is no other effective method to make one`s scientific level a victorious one.
It is another matter that propaganda and agitation helps the individual to develop an initial position, but the scientific growth of cadres depends entirely on their personal hard intellectual work.
2. Only by intense mastering of Marxist science people can unite on the basis of agreement of opinion and establish the Central Organ, regional and local initiative press organs of the Party of Science-based Centralism.
3. The Central Organ, first of all, develops and actualizes the Marxist theory, as the result works out the program of the Party of Science-based Centralism, which specifies the strategy of the struggle for building communism on the basis of the existing objective and subjective conditions.
4. The Central Organ co-opts in its members the propagandists and agitators who have demonstrated in practice high scientific and theoretical level, the quality of publications and the organizational skills in working with the proletarians of mental and physical labor at the regional and local levels.
5. The Party of Science-based Centralism (the PSC) is formed by an objective fact of the growth in number of regional and local groups that accept the concept of science-based centralism. They unite behind their local press and electronic media that accept the theoretical, strategic and tactical directives of the Central Organ of the PSC (it makes no sense to call as a party a group of people who are not capable of a systematic release of at least an electronic periodical).
6. The Central Organizing Committee is established and expands as the number of regional and local organizations of the PSC grows, as the number of cadres increases, according to the proposals of regional and local organizations (the functions of the COC are formed on the basis of scientific and theoretical developments of the Central Organ, regional and local organizations).
7. The primary organizations this way are formed around its Marxist propaganda organs.
8. The Party turns into a scientific center, into the headquarters of the working class, into the brain, into the ideological vanguard.
9. The Party gradually increases the connections with the masses, more and more agitators are enlisted into the Party and into the supporters of the Party, hereby strengthening scientific authority among the masses of the working class.
10. The Party guides the proletarian movement and, therefore, organizes the proletariat to the working class, which under certain conditions takes political power.
Science is a difficult, but the only reliable task!
Donate to translation — BTC 16x8ZWjmPXcyigi4WdhdN3urP12YU7Ph5B